For Candair Engineering Company Limited protecting your personal data is a priority. We comply with all relevant data protection legislation and the following privacy notice is intended to provide transparency about how we handle your personal data. In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, what we do with it, and what controls you have over the use of it.
Data protection principles
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- processing is fair, lawful and transparent;
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes;
- data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing;
- data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay;
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose;
- data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures; and
- we comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data.
Why we collect your information
We use your information whenever you request or use one of our services, request information or respond to one of our promotions. This information usually contains but is not wholly limited to user’s name, address, email, telephone/mobile numbers and country of residence. By completing any of our online forms you are agreeing to the collection, storage and processing of this information by Candair Engineering Company Limited. Our site may collect certain information from you, which is under strict confidentiality rules. We may use your information to assist us with the following:
- To produce a quotation;
- To process your order;
- To provide you with the best possible service;
- To disclose information about you to an authorised regulator or third party, if legally required to do so;
- We may monitor client website usage and visitor traffic to inform us on any future website design and functionality requirements;
- We may sometimes notify you of any service enhancements such as new services, website features, special promotions, and modifications to website functionality;
- We may analyse your browsing patterns to inform us on how we can more closely tailor any existing and future services, promotions, news, or other offers more exactly to your taste.
Our legal obligations
We may disclose personal information about you if required to do so by law or if we have good enough grounds or such reason to believe action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of law or to comply with the legal process served on Candair Engineering Company Limited;
- Protect or defend the rights or property of Candair Engineering Company Limited;
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Candair Engineering Company Limited employee, agents and service users.
We protect your information
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation we make every effort to protect your personal details in the following ways:
- We will only request the information we need and is not in any way excessive or surplus to requirements;
- We endeavour to keep any information about you up to date and accurate;
- We will endeavour to remove any information about you that is no longer current or relevant;
- We uphold strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent and deter unauthorised access;
- All data will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy;
- Except as otherwise stated, personal information will not be shared outside of our company;
- Personal information collected on the site may be stored and processed in our operational areas only;
- By using our website you consent to any such transfer of information outside of our country;
- We always obtain you prior permission before contacting you by email with news and website functionality updates;
- All emails we send to you comply fully with the industry guidelines and you can unsubscribe at any time using the relevant links, where available, on our website;
- Should you find any inaccuracies with our information, we will promptly amend or delete it accordingly.
Who We Share Your Data With
Data may be shared with third parties for the following reasons:
- for the administration of our accounts; and
- sales and marketing purposes.
We may also share your data with third parties as part of a Company sale or restructure, or for other reasons to comply with a legal obligation upon us. We will ensure we have a data processing agreement in place with such third parties to ensure data is not compromised. Third parties must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
We do not intend to pass your data directly to any third party, save for the exceptions stated above or modified from time to time, however, we will not share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area.
We only keep your data for as long as we need it for, which will be at least for the duration of our providing services and products to you. Some data retention periods are set by the law. Our general company retention periods are a minimum of 7 years.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This means that we will stop processing your data on such a request withdrawing consent.
Making a Complaint
If you think your data rights have been breached, you are able to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner (ICO). You can contact the ICO at Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.
How to unsubscribe from our services
You can request for any of your details to be deleted from our system at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at: Unit 18G, Newton Moor Industrial Estate, Lodge Street, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 4LD.
Dated: March 2018